Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why Do We Believe?

I'm not going to lie, this article confused the heck out of me. So, if this doesn't make sense that's why. :\

The author made a satement saying that scientists are searching for an explination for why belief in God exist, but not if God actually exist.. But, that makes me think where the idea of "God" came from if he doesn't exist. According to the article, a Richard Dawkins, who said that religion is nothing more than a useless evolutionary accident.
I want to say that the believers that are mentioned on the second page of the article are right. If we have to ability to think, and the mental capacity to discern a God, how would these ideas have gotten there? Did someone in the pre-historic times just think of a higher, alimighty power, to allow us to put our faith into something or someone who has the ability to change our lives, and know about our lives before we take the steps to create them.
On the third page it says, "I wondered why no society ever survived more than three generations without a religious foundation as its raison d'etre." I feel like a society as a whole has certain religious beliefs, but it's the individual people who don't believe the same things that the society does.
This article was difficult for me to read and understand. I belive mainly because it's hard for me to see a point of someone who doesn't believe in God arguing about why we believe, and if we why have a belief for God, but not not positive that a God does exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment